Printable PDF of Scanning Protocol: Partially Edentulous CBCT scan of Mandible
1. Patient Positioning:
– Breathe through your nose
– Bite gently on cotton rolls
– Close your eyes and place tongue at the back of the mouth
2. Vital Anatomy to be captured:
– Superior Capture 1-3 mm of maxilla dentition
– Inferior: Capture full mandible
3. CBCT General Settings: Mand 6cm – 8cm, 0.3 – 0.4 Voxel
4. Export and Upload CBCT Scan
– Export the CBCT scan in a multi-file DICOM format to the desktop
– Right click on the folder, go to “Send To”, and select “Compressed (Zipped) Folder”
– Upload the zipped/compressed folder to Implant Concierge
5. Ship the diagnostic model to Implant Concierge
More information on exporting the DICOM files from you specific CBCT machine can be found under the “Exporting DICOM” section.
For assistance in printing a shipping label, please visit “Print a Shipping Label” in the “How To” section.