YOUR ANSWER IS JUST ONE SEARCH AWAY
Fully Edentulous: Soft Tissue Separation
The “Soft Tissue Separation” technique is only recommended if your patient has a denture made with barium sulfate or a metal substructure, or if your patient does not have a denture. If your patient does have an acrylic denture, please refer to and follow Dual Scan Protocol.
1. Take a full arch CBCT scan of the patient WITHOUT an appliance:
– Place cotton rolls along the entire arch, in between the cheek and vestibule of the patient
– For maxillary scans, have the patient rest their tongue down and back
– For mandibular scans, place cotton rolls under the tongue
– Have the patient bite on additional cotton rolls bi-laterally
2. Review the scan to ensure that you can clearly see the edentulous ridge:
* Please note images may vary on CBCT machines *
3. Export and Upload
– Export the CBCT scan in a multi-file DICOM format to the desktop
– Right click on the folder, go to “Send To”, and select “Compressed (Zipped) Folder”
– Upload the zipped/compressed folder to Implant Concierge
4. Take a soft tissue impression of the patient and ship the diagnostic cast to Implant Concierge
More information on exporting the DICOM files from your specific CBCT machine can be found under the “Exporting DICOM” section.
Need to get in touch with us?
The Implant Concierge Team awaits your every question.