YOUR ANSWER IS JUST ONE SEARCH AWAY
1. What is Implant Concierge™?
Implant Concierge™ is a propriety web-based technology that provides dentists and other industry professionals with a centralized, HIPAA compliant tool used to communicate, streamline, and coordinate CBCT solutions and guided implant surgical services. Implant Concierge ™ is your Virtual Treatment Plan Coordinator™ delivering real time updates on your case and accurate financial summary within minutes! Located deep in the heart of Texas in beautiful San Antonio, Texas our 3D Case Coordinators take great pride in offering a true concierge-style customer service experience.
Founded in 2006, Implant Concierge™ has assisted thousands of dentists with their CBCT, radiology and CAD/CAM surgical guide, and restorative needs. Implant Concierge™ can handle any case – from simple to complex. We are committed to developing our service and reputation through innovation and trust.
2. Who can use Implant Concierge™?
Implant Concierge™ can be used by restorative dentists, oral surgeons, and other dental team members involved in a case. Implant Concierge™ coordinates the actions of your implant case by improving communication between your dental implant team.
3. How do I get started?
Getting started is simple! Register at www.implantconcierge.com and start your case by clicking on “Create Implant Concierge Case”. There is no cost to start a case or to create a user profile. If you need assistance in creating a case, please see our Getting Started document titled “Creating your first case”.
4. Do I need to download the software?
No. There’s no software to download or to purchase! Implant Concierge™ is a web-based application. You can use Implant Concierge™ anywhere you have an Internet connection and a web browser. Because it is web-based, Implant Concierge™ is compatible with both Mac and Microsoft operating software.
5. Do I need to buy a new computer and software?
No. Since Implant Concierge™ is a web-based application, it can be used with any computer that has internet! No need to purchase tricked out computers with mega storage and robust graphics cards for 3D rendering. We do recommend Safari or Google Chrome for best viewing results and internet security.
6. Can other users see my data?
No. Implant Concierge is a HIPAA compliant website. You can add additional Case Partners, such as a colleague for multi-disciplinary cases, but they will only have access to the cases that you share with them.
7. Can I share a case with someone not using Implant Concierge™?
Yes! In order to add a colleague or Case Partner to a case, simply invite them on the Partners tab. Once they accept your invitation and create their own user profile and login information, they will be able to access the case files just as you are. All of this falls within the strict HIPAA compliance terms. If you need assistance in adding a case partner, please see our How To document titled “Add a Case Partner”
8. Can I add a case at any time?
Yes. Implant Concierge™ gives you 24-hour access to add a new case and case partners, review case notes and images.
9. Is there an additional support and maintenance fee?
No. There are no additional costs or hidden fees.
10. How does Implant Concierge know the perfect workflow for my specific case?
The Virtual Treatment Plan Coordinator™ analyzes your software selection, the teeth missing or teeth that will be extracted at time of surgery, as well as your ideal restorative treatment plan. Based upon these variables, the Implant Concierge™ will either provide specific options or in some instances will force certain options that will be required. Guided surgery has traditionally been very confusing based upon all of the rules, but Implant Concierge™ no longer requires that you remember all of these rules, steps and sequences! We provide you the most efficient work flow available up-front. The web-based program is complex enough for any challenging surgical guided case, but intuitive and simple enough for any dental professional!
11. What does the Implant Concierge require in order to to create a CAD/CAM Surgical Guide?
Based on the type of case that you are working on, the Implant Concierge™ will require that specific protocols are followed, which will ensure an efficient workflow as well as a very accurate and restorative based surgical guide is provided!
We have four main workflows:
– Simple Partially Edentulous: We need a CBCT Scan (with NO scanning appliance) and a diagnostic cast (either a stone model or a digital impression).
– Immediate Extract/Immediate Place: The requirements are the same as the “Simple Partially Edentulous”! We need a CBCT Scan (with NO scanning appliance) and a diagnostic cast (either a stone model or a digital impression).
– Complex Partially Edentulous – We need a CBCT Scan (with NO scanning appliance) and a diagnostic cast (either a stone model or a digital impression). In addition to those, we will also need restorative information. The restorative model can be a simple wax-up or a Pick-up impression from the patient’s RPD.
– Fully Edentulous: Dual Scan Protocol is ideal.
For information regarding the scanning protocols, please visit our “Scanning Protocols” section.
For more detailed information regarding our workflows, please review our customized workflows in “Getting Started“!
12. How does the Virtual Treatment Plan Coordinator make my life easier?
The Virtual Treatment Plan Coordinator™ is the “QB” for each case. Based upon your case and your patient specific selections, the Virtual Treatment Plan Coordinator™ will coordinate and synchronize your entire dental implant team! Your lab, imaging, radiology, planning and surgical guides are all integrated into your case as your “Case Partner”. Each Case Partner is instructed what to do, how to do it and when to do it! The best part is that each step is also recorded using our software to ensure that it is done on time ensuring that your cases are completed On Time, On Task and On Budget! We remove the managerial headaches of a fragmented process for you.
All you have to do is log in and track the case!
13. Is Implant Concierge HIPAA compliant and safer than email?
Yes! Implant Concierge is HIPAA compliant using our double layered encryption, security certificate as well as HIPAA compliant password authentication. Access your case files remotely with security 24/7. Utilize the “Notes” tab to record critical notes between your Case Partners, which is much safer and more HIPAA compliant than your email.
14. How do I send large data files to Implant Concierge?
Implant Concierge™ has built in proprietary uploading tools that allow you to quickly and safely upload large DICOM data sets and .stl files. This integrated uploader is easier and safer than DropBox, HighTail, Yousend and other 3rd party uploading services!
15. How do I send you my CBCT scan?
Simple! Export the multi-file DICOM from your CBCT scanner or from the disk provided by your CBCT Scan Site to your desktop and compress/ zip the folder. Next, click on the “Upload DICOM” action button in the Implant Concierge Patient Profile, attach the zipped folder and select “Upload Files”! For more detailed information, please see our “Exporting DICOM” section and locate the correct document for your CBCT machine.
16. Can I mail you my disk with the CBCT scan?
Yes, you can mail it to us. However, we prefer that you upload your CBCT Scans to Implant Concierge™. Why? It is faster, safer and more reliable to upload it to our website directly. Save shipping costs and get a faster turn-around by uploading.
If you still insist on mailing it to us, here is our address!
11503 NW Military Hwy, Ste. #212
San Antonio, TX 78231
17. How do I export my DICOM/CBCT scan?
All CBCT machines are federally regulated to allow you to export DICOM Multi-File. However, each machine exports DICOM differently! You can see a list of different CBCT machines and how to export the DICOM under our “Exporting DICOM” section. If your CBCT brand is not listed, please call us so we can add it! If you need any additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to give us a call!
18. What are radiographic markers and where can I purchase them?
Radiographic markers are placed on a WELL FITTING/HARD RELINED DENTURE and show up on the CBCT acquisition. Ideally, 6-8 radiopaque markers are placed on the denture – split between the buccal and lingual/palatal. You can call to purchase a box of 110 stickers for $40. If you need assistance placing the markers, please see our How To document titled “Placement of the SureMark Markers“.
19. Do I need a barium sulfate scanning appliance?
No! Implant Concierge highly recommends the Dual Scan Protocol. Instead of incurring the extra costs of creating a scanning appliance before you know if you can even place implants, now, all we need you to do is add radiographic markers to the denture and take a CBCT scan! Just make sure that the denture is well-fitting and hard-relined. That is the KEY to success for fully edentulous, mucosa borne surgical guides!
20. Do I need a duplicated denture?
No! If the denture is well-fitting and hard-relined, that is ALL that Implant Concierge needs! Add a few radiographic markers, take two CBCT scans are we are off to the races!
21. Do I need a radiographic prosthesis or scanning appliance?
No! All we need is a CBCT scan of the patient (wearing NO radio opaque appliance) and slight separation of the occlusion. A thick bite registration material or cotton rolls work great!
– Fully Edentulous cases: Requires a hard-relined, well-fitting denture with radiographic markers that are adhered to denture.
– Partially Edentulous cases: Requires a simple diagnostic wax-up and a pick-up impression of a patient’s removal partial denture.
For more detailed information, please review the 4 Workflows on our Support Page in “Getting Started“!
22. Do I need DICOM conversion?
Simplant made this term famous! Now, instead of a DICOM Conversion fee, we add a Virtual Implant Planning (VIP) fee ($150) that includes the conversion from DICOM to the treatment planning software, an initial treatment plan, a Final VIP online virtual surgery and any merging of DICOM and stl files. Why buy software, spend over 1.5 – 2 hours doing all of these steps when Implant Concierge will do it all for you! You don’t need to worry about software costs, software training and precious chair-time or personal time behind a computer. That’s why we are here!
23. What is a board certified oral & maxillofacial radiologist?
Oral and maxillofacial radiologists (OMR) produce and interpret images of the jaws, teeth, bone and other structures of the head and neck region. Radiologists are involved in the diagnosis and management of diseases, disorders and conditions that affect this area of the body (http://www.aaomr.org)
24. What Intra-Oral Scanners are compatible with Implant Concierge?
The easy answer, Implant Concierge is compatible with ANY IOS that exports .stl files. If you can get the .stl file, then we are good to go! No need to ship models or pick up impressions of RPD’s or diagnostic wax-up models, just scan and upload Implant Concierge the .stl file(s)!
We are currently receiving IOS .stl files from the following IOS devices. If your device is not listed, let us know and we will add it!
– Cerec Omni-cam* (requires additional $15 conversion)
25. Is Implant Concierge compatible with my Cerec?
Yes! Even though Cerec has gone through great measures to keep their system closed and not work with service based companies such as Implant Concierge… where there is a will, there is a way! Implant Concierge has partnered with a local lab that has the ability to convert the protected “.ilab” Cerec IOS to a .stl. It will cost you an additional $15, but that sure beats having to take an alginate, pour it up, package it and then ship it to us!
26. How do you bill me?
We bill on a case by case basis. Once your surgical guide gets printed and shipped, that is when the billing process begins. We charge the card you have placed on file and you will receive an invoice on the patient case.
27. How do I report issues or get answers to additional questions?
You may report issues or ask questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also call us at (866) 977-2228 Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm CST.
1. What is a surgery-ready provisional?
A non-functioning, temporary, customized crown that can be placed at the time of surgery, compatible with your implant system.
2. How can Implant Concierge™ fabricate accurate provisionals before surgery?
Implant Concierge will utilize your ideal virtual restorative based treatment plan and CAD/CAM Surgical Guide as our digital blue-print to create a surgery ready provisional that will be delivered to your office with the surgical guide. A fully digital workflow allows for chair-side efficiencies during the surgical appointment and reduces the need for impressions and multiple appointments after implant placement. By combining Implant Concierge™ online treatment planning assistance, computer-assisted manufactured surgical guides, and traditional dental laboratory procedures, implant placement can be simulated in the dental laboratory. Provisionals will be “cored-out” allowing a quick chair-side pick-up to accommodate slight variables in depth and direction of the implant placement. Implant Concierge™ can deliver custom, computer-assisted manufactured surgical guides, abutments, and provisionals that are ready for surgery!
3. Why use an Implant Concierge Surgery-Ready Provisional?
– Soft tissue support: Provide the necessary soft tissue support immediately to improve your esthetic results while providing a tooth worth smiling over.
– Doctor: Eliminate the time of creating a provisional chair-side or second appointment to begin the important but tedious process of creating a custom tissue former.
– Patient: Avoid soft tissue growth which leads to lancing site later.
4. What type of surgery-ready provisionals does Implant Concierge offer?
– Custom Tissue Former: $128
– Custom Abutment with Cement-Retained Crown: $190
– Full Contoured Screw-Retained Crown: $145
5. What is an Implant Concierge Immediate Provisional made of?
Implant Concierge mills your patient specific PMMA (Poly Methyl Methacrylate Acrylic) abutment (titanium base – strong, less corrosive), crown and tissue-former out of PMMA that is bonded to a non-engaging implant specific Ti-Base.
6. Do we mill the provisionals ourselves?
No, we use a local lab to mill our designs.
7. What brand of components do we use?
We use Glidewell components for the ti-bases.
We are compatible with all implant systems except the following:
– Sweeden and Martina, Thommen
– BioHorizon 3.0 (brand name components will cost additional and will have a delay in production)
– Anklos fee
9. Non-Splinted Surgery Ready Provisional Requirements
– Maxillary and Mandibular Stone Models/Digital Impressions
– Bite registration
– VITA Tooth Shade
Why use it?
– Ideal use is to provide immediate tissue support.
– It will protrude out of the tissue 1-3 mm and will be out of occlusion.
– Easily modified by clinician.
What is it?
– One piece PMMA material bonded to a Ti-Base.
– Screw-retained to implant.
– Standard vs customized healing abutment (see picture below).
When will it be used?
– Single sites only; not splinted.
– Posterior cases.
– Anterior cases in conjunction with a flipper.
Cost: $128 per Custom Tissue Former
Why use it?
– Provide immediate tissue support.
– Highly esthetic appearance.
– Creates an implant crown margin which allows the doctor to extend the base of the provisional out from the soft tissue/implant and prevents micro particles of concrete from being deep in the tissue.
– Easier to clean.
What is it?
– Two piece, custom abutment PMMA material bonded to a Ti-Base.
– Custom abutment is screw-retained to the implant. PMMA crown is temporarily cemented to the custom abutment.
When will it be used?
– Single Posterior/Anterior units.
– Bridges/Multi-Unit splinted restorations
Cost: $190 per Custom Abutment with Cement-Retained Crown
Why use it?
– Provide immediate tissue support.
– Highly esthetic appearance.
– Minimize any “cement margins”.
What is it?
– One piece, custom abutment PMMA “tooth” bonded to a Ti-Base.
– Crown is screw-retained directly to the implant.
When will it be used?
– Posterior single unit cases.
– Anterior single unit cases.
Cost: $145 per Full Contour Screw-Retained Crown
13. Additional Information
– Abutments for Provisionals are Temporary.
– If a tooth is missing, a Virtual Wax Up fee will be added to the Provisional cost. (IE: Tooth #8 is missing, cost: $25 for the cost of the Virtual Wax Up + $145 for the cost of the Full Contour Screw Retained Crown = $170 Total)
– Must be fully guided.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site, including the auction ID number, if applicable;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
ImplantConcierge.com Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on its site can be reached as follows:Copyright Agent
ImplantConcierge.com Legal Department
11503 NW Military Hwy, Suite 212
San Antonio, TX 78231
P: (866) 977-2228
Last updated September 22, 2014
As an Implant Concierge™ user, you are in control of all your CBCT treatment planning services and we know you want to remain in control of your personal information as well. As one of the pioneers in online CBCT services and Guided Implant Surgery, we realize that earning and retaining your trust is of paramount importance and it’s a responsibility we take very seriously, every day.
- What personal information we collect from you and how we use it?
- With whom (if anyone) your personal information is shared?
- How you can opt-out of receiving our promotional e-mails
- How you can update or correct your personal information?
- What safeguards we have in place to protect your personal information?
- Other information you should know about your privacy?
What personal information does Implant Concierge™ gather from me and how is this information used?
When browsing our site, you are not required to provide any personal information unless and until you choose to start a new case or sign up for one of our e-mail newsletters or other services. We do not knowingly permit the site to be used by any person under the age of eighteen and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children (meaning those younger than thirteen years of age). A valid credit card is required to start a new case or make a purchase on our site.
Starting a New Case
In order to “Start a New Case” through our site, you must provide us with certain personal information such as your name, your telephone number, your e-mail address and shipping information. For your convenience, we make certain information about your CBCT and Guided Surgery services order is available to you or other persons authorized by you to receive such information. Your credit card number, expiration date, and your credit card billing address will be necessary to have on file once you are ready to order your first case or services.
Express Consent to Receive Email Case Alerts
When you build a case on our site, we request you to provide us with a contact telephone number and email address. We will use your telephone number and or email address in the event that we need to inform you of changes or other matters that may affect your CBCT and Guided Surgery services order .
If you choose to become a registered member of Implant Concierge™, you must provide your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, a unique login name, password, and password validation, and a password hint to help you remember your password. This information is collected on the registration form for several reasons including: (i) personal identification; (ii) to allow us to contact you for customer service purposes, if necessary; (iii) to customize the content of our site to meet your specific needs; and (iv) to make product improvements to our site. In addition, we need your e-mail address to confirm your new member registration and each reservation you transact on our site. As an Implant Concierge™ member you will also occasionally receive updates from us about promotions, special offers, new Implant Concierge™ services, and other noteworthy items. However, you may choose at any time to no longer receive these types of e-mail messages. Please see our Opt Out policy described below for details.
As an Implant Concierge™ member, you can choose to complete your online profile by providing us with implant preferences, software preferences, laboratory preferences, shipping and billing information, and other personal information. This information is primarily used to assist you in building cases or ordering services quickly without having to type in the same information repeatedly.
Implant Concierge™ values opinions and comments from members, so we frequently conduct online surveys. Participation in these surveys is entirely optional. Typically, the information is aggregated and used to make improvements to Implant Concierge™ and to develop appealing content, features and promotions for members. Survey participants are anonymous unless otherwise stated in the survey.
Third Parties Offering Promotions, Products, or Services
Automatic Logging of Session Data
We automatically log generic information about your computer and your computer’s connection to the Internet, which we call “session data”. Session data consists of things such as device information, IP address, operating system and browser software information, and the activities conducted by the user while on our site. An IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet, such as our web servers, know where to send data back to the user, such as the pages of the site the user wishes to view. We collect session data because it helps us analyze such things as what items visitors are likely to click on most, the way visitors are clicking through the site, how many visitors are surfing to various pages on the site, how long visitors to the site are staying and how often they are visiting. It also helps us diagnose problems with our servers and lets us better administer our systems. It is possible to determine from an IP address a visitor’s Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the approximate geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. We may also use some session data, such as the pages you visited on our site, to send you e-mail messages focused on services or new products that you may be interested in, unless you had previously opted out of receiving such messages. We also use session data to help prevent fraud or unauthorized use of our site.
First and foremost, you can rest assured that no personal information about you is gathered or stored in the cookies placed by the ImplantConcierge.com and, as a result, none can be passed on to any third parties.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. Of course, by changing the options on your web browser or using certain software programs, you can control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your browser. Implant Concierge™ supports your right to block any unwanted Internet activity, especially that of unscrupulous websites. However, blocking Implant Concierge™ cookies may disable certain features on our site and may make it impossible to purchase or use certain services available on the site. Please note that it is possible to block cookie activity from certain web sites while permitting cookies from sites you trust, like Implant Concierge™.
From time to time we may add or enhance services available on the site. To the extent these services are provided and used by you, we will use the information you provide to facilitate the service requested. For example, if you email us with a question, we will use your email address, name, nature of the question, etc. to respond to your question. We may also store such information to assist us in making the site the better and easier to use.
With whom (if anyone) will my personal information be shared?
When you build a case or purchase CBCT and Guided Surgery services through Implant Concierge™, we provide to dental laboratory, OMF Radiologist, surgical guide manufacturer and treatment planning software vendor only that portion of your personal information that is needed for the successful fulfillment of your case. We use non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our customers and visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our site. We may provide anonymous statistical information based on this data to suppliers, advertisers, affiliates and other current and potential business partners. We may also use such aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked on links to their web sites. Occasionally, Implant Concierge™ will hire a third party to act on our behalf for projects such as market-research surveys and contest-entry processing, or will contract with a third party to provide co-branded products. In such cases, Implant Concierge™ will provide information to these third parties specifically for use in connection with these projects. The information we provide to such third parties is protected by a confidentiality agreement and is to be used solely for completing the specific project. See “What other information should I know about my privacy?” below.
How can I opt-out of receiving your promotional emails?
At any time, you can unsubscribe from our services or other newsletter or similar services by logging into your Implant Concierge™ account. Occasionally, you may receive e-mail updates from us about interesting cases or promotional products or sales, special offers, new Implant Concierge™ services, and other noteworthy items. We hope you will find these updates interesting and informative. Of course, if you would rather not receive them, please click on the “unsubscribe” link in our e-mail, or follow the instructions in each e-mail message or send us an email. Implant Concierge™ reserves the right to limit membership to those who will accept e-mails. Members will be notified via e-mail prior to any actions taken.
How can I update or correct my personal information?
At any time, you can view and/or update your personal profile, which includes addresses, phone numbers, email address, credit card information, and case preferences information by logging into your Implant Concierge™ account.
What safeguards are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
All personal information you provide to Implant Concierge™ is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us.
What other information should I know about my privacy?
What We Do NOT Do: A Warning About “Phishing”
We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, login name, or password, in an unsecure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is our priority. For more information about phishing, you may want to visit the Federal Government website “OnGuard Online” at http://onguardonline.gov/phishing.html.
Effective Date and Material Changes